- The types of information We collect from visitors using Our Services;
- How such information may be used by Prothena and other authorized third parties;
- To whom and for what purposes We may share or disclose such information to authorized third parties;
- Our practices for protecting your information from unauthorized disclosure and use; and
- Your rights to access, update, and correct your information or unsubscribe from Prothena Services
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
You can generally visit Our websites without revealing any information about yourself. However, in order to access some of Our Services, We may ask you to voluntarily provide certain personal information to Us or Our authorized third parties, such as:
- Contact information, such as name and e-mail address;
- Demographic information, such as gender;
- Geolocation information;
- Job applications, including resumes, cover letters and references;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to Us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We may also collect non-personal information automatically when you visit Our websites, including but not limited to:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the
- Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting Our websites;
- Pages you view and links you click on within Our websites;
- Information collected through cookies (as discussed in greater detail below), web beacons and other technologies);
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened forwarded; and
- Standard server log information.
While such non-personal information may be regarded as personal information in certain jurisdictions when combined with other information, We do not use the information for this purpose.
We may use the information that We collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters and other information you request;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about products, services and events that We think might be of interest to you;
- Maintain or administer Our websites, perform business analyses or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of Our business and other products and services We offer;
- Publish stories, comments, photos and other information posted in interactive online features;
- Process employment applications and inquiries;
- Customize and personalize your use of the website; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Prothena will only share or disclose your personal information with the following authorized third parties:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on Our behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases; perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for Us);
- Business Transfer: If We sell all or part of Our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, We may transfer your information as part of such transaction;
- Other Parties with Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing; and
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with other organizations.
In addition, We may allow third parties to install and read their own cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, like many website operators, We may use Google Analytics to learn more about how visitors interact with Our Services. You understand that when you use the Services, these third parties may collect information related to your use of the Services.
STORING AND TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
While We seek to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure and use using methods consistent with applicable privacy and security laws and generally accepted standards, We cannot guarantee the security of any personal information transmitted in connection with the Services. Thus, your use of the Services is solely at your own risk.
We may retain your personal information for as long as needed pursuant to the Services. However, We may also be required to retain information longer to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
As part of the Services, you may sign up to receive emails from Us and you can unsubscribe anytime by clicking on the appropriate link in an email. If the Services enable you to send content to someone else, the information you provide at Our request will be used only for that one-time purpose and will not be stored. By giving Us the necessary information you are acknowledging that you have the right to give it to Us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
For your convenience and information, we may provide links to other websites. Such other websites operate independently from Us and we do not control their privacy practices. We encourage you to review their policies before submitting any personal information to their websites.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from minors under the age of 13 without parental consent. If you are concerned that We may have collected personal information from a minor under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, please contact Us at email@example.com and We will delete such information.
How to Contact Us:
Prothena Biosciences Inc
Attention: Privacy Office
331 Oyster Point Drive
South San Francisco, CA 94080, U.S.A
+1 650 837 8550